Google

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Story of a fisherman

Bismillah,

There once lived a fisherman who took his job very seriously.

He only caught one fish at a time, and only went to fish for another one when the the one he had at home finished.

One day, as his wife was chopping up the fish that her husband had brought home, she discovered something amazing. She found a pearl inside the fish.

She was astonished, a pearl inside a fish?? SubhanAllah. "Husband, Husband!" she exclaimed, "look what I have found!"
"What have you found?" he asked?
"A pearl, I have found a pearl inside the fish!" she answered.
"What an amazing wife you are! Bring me the pearl, pehaps we will benefit from it and eat food other than fish!"

The fisherman took the pearl to a pearl trader. The trader took a look at the pearl "This pearl is so precious, but unortunately I cannot afford it even if I were to sell my shop and my house! Go to the vendor in the nearby town, perhaps he can buy it off you."

The fisherman took the pearl to the great seller in the nearby town and showed him the pearl.

"Allah..by Allah, O my brother what a priceless possession! I cannot buy it off you, but I have a solution for you; go to the governor of this town, as only he his able to buy this pearl."

At the door of the governor's palace the fisherman awaited permission to enter.

"Oh God..it is a pearl like this that I have been searching for! I do not know how to value it for you, but I will allow you entry into my private treasure chamber. You have six hours to remain in it and take what you please, and this is the value of your pearl."

"Sir, can you just give me two hours, as six hours is far too long for a fisherman like me."

"No, six hours is what is fair for you take from the chamber what you like"

The fisherman entered the governor's treasure chamber to behold a tremendous sight. It was a very large room divided into to three sections. The first section was filled with jewels, gold and pearls.
The second section had a huge and very comfortable bed, if one were to lay eyes on it could sleep from comfort.
The third section was filled with all the delicious food and drink that one can imagine.

"What will I do in six hours? Six hours is such a long time for a simple fisherman like me" the fisherman asked himself. "Ok, I guess I should start with the food in the third section" "I will eat until my stomach is full so that I will gain the necessary energy required to accummulate as much gold as possible."

The fisherman went to the food and spent a whole two hours eating. He then made his way to the first section, but on his way there he saw the very comfortable looking bed.

"I ate until I became full, so why not sleep for a bit and wake up fresh so that I can carry the greatest amount of gold?" he asked himself. "This is a once in a life time opportunity, and what supidity will prevent me from wasting it"

The fisherman went to the bed and fell into a deep sleep.

After a while the fisherman was awoken by these words "Wake up, wake up oh ignorant fisherman, your time is up"

"Huh..what?"

"yes, come on get out!"

"Please I did not get the chance.."

"Huh..huh. You have been in here for six hours and only now you have woken up from your sleep, yet you still want to take some gems?" "you had the time and opportunity to take away all of this treasure and then you could have bought with it the best food and you could have made yourself the most comfortable bed! But you are an ignorant fool and can only think in the context which you are in. Take him outside!"

"No, no, please noooooooo"

))The End((

The story has ended, however the lesson does not end here.

The pearl in the story represents your soul, a priceless treasure, and you do not no the true value of your soul.

The treasure chamber represents the dunya (the life of this world), look how great it is, yet we exploit it.

The jewels in the chamber represent our good deeds and the comfortble bed represents our negligence.

The food and drink represent our desires.

And now, my brother fisherman, you should decide; should you wake up and get out of the comfortable bed and collect as many jewels available to you before your appointed time is up, and this time is your lifetime. Otherwise you will feel great regret when leaving this world.

Allah swt says in His book "Until, when death comes to one of them (those who join partners with Allâh), he says: "My Lord! Send me back, So that I may do good in that which I have left behind!" No! It is but a word that he speaks, and behind them is Barzakh (a barrier) until the Day when they will be resurrected." (Surah Al-Mu'minun 99-100)

1 comment:

Al-hikam 24, 25, 26

  Ramai boleh dakwa tetapi tiada bukti ‘Bukti pd yang mendakwa, sumpah pd yang mengingkari’ hadith Pengakuan perlu ada bukti.. Muslim, apa b...